Sunday, August 16, 2009

10th email: August 11th, 2009

Sorry about last week...we were having some difficulties...ha
SO...I'm leaving a week from today! We got our flight plans (probably the most exciting thing thats ever happened here...it's like opening another mission call...k not at all) But I leave here at 5 tuesday the 18th...i fly from slc to New York at 8:30 ish (about a 2 hour layover)....then from New York to Vienna, Austria (another 2-3 hour layover)...then from Vienna to Dnipropetrovsk! (about a 16 month layover) WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! It's so crazy that it's finally here...that i'm going to be a real live missionary. talking to real live ukrainians.... ! So this week has been hard to focus, but we're still working hard. We're 100% russian, which is SO hard, but i know i've gotta do it...sacrifice now for those people...
I spoke in church on sunday! pa-roosky! (in russian) Pres. Callister does it Pres. Scott style where he just calls you right up from the audience...so he calls me and one of the russian elders...great. Ha, it was so fun though! I struggled through part of it, and was a bit slow when I read my verses (I spoke on Virtue) but I recovered every time bearing testimony. Sister Jensen (one of the branch pres. wives) brought her friend from Armania who has only been a member for a year...Antonia...she came up to me after, with her bright orange hair and big red lips...and she said "I can't believe you have only been speaking this launguage for 10 weeks! I just don't believe it!" OBVIOUSLY she heard the spirit and not me...ha...it was a good booster for me though.
THANKYOU always for the hilarious packages mama...you know me...mangos...mmmm...and tomatoes? haa...those ones were struggling...maybe try to recite some poetry to them like grandpa :)
Today we basically spent all day at the temple! We did a session early then we were able to do some family sealing with the russian elders and cectpas...SO amazing...almost my whole zone was in one of the huge sealing rooms and our sis. callister and pres. callister just owned as the couple the whole time, and all us kiddies took our turn for these missionaries families....wowee...pres. callister is incredible...he reminds me of a nine year old trapped in a 70 year olds body....he looks old, but I promise you, sister callister passes him cheerios during church.
before i forget, what up with my debit card? will you send me a dear elder this week (have some one help you mon - i love you but youre challenged) about how much is on there and everything...theres a possibility that i have to pay about $100 extra just to take a second bag...a new lame rule...so i want to make sure thats all squared away!
Becky Swim left for taiwan today! it's kinda weird, she's been my little buddy for this entire time...but i have never seen a missionary more ready to serve the lord in my life! Not only is her chinese amazing, but her faith in what the Lord WILL do for her is unmatched. Loverr...
We are the old hag missionaries here. We've hosted a billion times cause they don't know what else to do with us, and we watch all the cute new sisters come in with their newly pressed skirts and make-up and hair and smiles...and then we look down at our nylons with runs, constant pony-tails, and mismatched clothes...Ha...i love it.
I'm going to miss some things at the MTC, mostly just people, but I can't wait to leave...i've got flutterbyes in my tum tum... I'm SO ready to go... I know i've dont all that i can here...i've worked as hard as i could...i've got a lot of resources to give the Lord so that he can make me and mold me into the missionary those people need. I have a lot to learn...a lot lot... but don't worry...i got this. oh man alive, i can't wait.
Welp...remember i'm so happy...love you all! Next time I write I'll be in UKKRRRRAAAAAAIIINNNE!

stay strong!

c lyoubvoy

cectma jones!

oh and i'll probably call in the morning from salt lake, if not than from new york...i forgot when I'm there though...and i'll just call home...dear elder if you want me to call you cell


LOVE YOUUUUU!!! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING! HERE I GO! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment