Monday, November 9, 2009

22nd email: November 9th, 2009

The weather is definitely bipolar. Now its hot again and we're walking without jackets...november...во обшей! But I did by a coat and these awesome nylon/pants that everyone wears, and a hat and gloves and a sweater and these shoes insert things and socks...cectpa k knows what i need, so i was glad to have her. But everything was aroung $200. Sorry, i tried to get cheap stuff, but I also had to get good stuff. I look like a red marshmellow. haha...
I talked to a guy on the Marshrutka earlier this week that was really interested in religion and the Book of Mormon. His names Stepan. When he came and sat by me, he straight up stared at me, like I was painted blue or something. I was like "Страствуйте" and thought to myself, forget my nerves, i've got no choice but to talk to him! He was patient with my russian and we agreed to talk more about the book of mormon and the restored gospel another time...the miracle is that he came to our meeting with the elders, he took the book of mormon and said he'd read it. To be honest, we weren't too siked about him. He's kind-of a strange guy. Well, even though we passed him to the elders, he called us a couple nights ago and said, "I read your book, thankyou! I have some questions, lets meet." A-buh. Ha, we were blown away...he read the book of mormon in 5 days. We can't even get Era to read 5 pages in 3 months! We're meeting with him tomorrow, so we'll see...man...cool story.
We have a new investigator, Olga, and she's fabulous! She has to little boys, Женя and Дима (djenya and deema) 6 and 4, and they remind me so much of james and jakey...little stinkers, but you love them :) She's surprising us. She's got a chill and submissive personality, but she read the book of mormon and is really thinking about it. She's out of town this week, but we'll meet with her on Saturday. ooo..it'd be so great to help her family...our little branch would really really benefit!
Rosa is still on fire. She said this week, "Ya know, I know I've got to pray and ask God if this church is true. I've got to ask him if Joseph Smith was a prophet. I've never done it before!" She interupts the lesson all the time with comments like "Wait, so it's like this, yeah..." or "So if I ask God, he'll answer me, yeah?" She is incredible. She loves us and already acts like a member. She scolds all our young obnoxious english friends when we're giving our spiritual thought...it's awesome...who'da thought we need a 12 year old body guard...speaking of...did i mention that the elders are teaching the body-building champion of ukraine the gospel? hahaha...man...i'd love to have him in the branch :) how cool is that.
Cectpa and I are working really hard...we've picked up any slack that we've felt like we've had and are determined to do everything we can for our little branch...for the innactives...for investigators. This is her last transfer, and I'm so grateful that she wan'ts to go out with a bang...I've been praying for a boost in our work together. So we practically run from meeting to meeting, eat lunch and dinner on the go, plan on the marshtrukas and buses...it's hilarious and really fun. We find time to laugh and have fun while we're going too...I know that as we work harder, we see more success, but even better, we become sharper more pliable tools for the Lord. I know I can be better...it's a constant effort really.
Ct. Flewellen (our district leader) is leaving this week probably for Sinferopol to be zone leader. We'll really miss him...he's fabulous. We have 6 missionaries in the district, and all of us are in the same branch (theres only one) We see them a lot (at service, english, fhe, district meeting, joint lessons, church, sports day). We live 10 hours away from the mission home...boons...and we only see president and sister nielson and aps once a transfer at zone conference.
I took a bunch of pictures of my apartment and random stuff for you mamichka...cectpa is transfering everything to a disk for me right now and I'll send it home today. Sorry i'm so spacey about it. The people, to be honest, are typically unhappy, but we're working on that :) We're thinking my next companion will be Cectpa Zadyikan. She's an absolute saint (i was in the mtc with her) and I already love her. We'll see...you never ever never ever ever know :)
I got those packages before halloween...Спасиба :) And the food? Well there's not a lot of American type food at all...and especially because I live with a Russian and I can't cook, I eat russian food. When I'm cooking, I just make veggies or eggs. The milk here is really good and the smetana (sour cream) is heavenly...but you've got to buy them домашный or home made...I still eat like 3 apples every day
Things have changed a lot at home, I can tell...but its good. I'm glad people are moving forward to bigger and better and exciting things! As much as I'd love to freeze frame everything...haha...no, I'm glad everyone is happy :)

Have a wonderful week...work hard and stay strong. Try to follow what the Savior did and he will give us happiness (John 13:17) I know it.

Love Cectpa Jones

p.s. love you!! I'd love you to send me some of that utah snow...but blien...enjoy it

No comments:

Post a Comment