Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Seventh Email: July 21st, 2009

hyelo moya semya!

So golly, everyone made fun of my last letter. Day in the life of my brain. It drives my companion nuts, so I'm really working on being more organized and knowing where I'm going and all that. I can focus...I just focus in a chaotic fashion. That and I'm a terrible writer. It's hard to tell you all how I really feel without using the words "awesome!" and "amazing!"...just look up in a thesaurus under awesome and amazing and pretend thats what I said. I'm like Nephi and I'm not mighty in writing...so apparently I am mighty in speaking! Actually 2 Nephi 33 has been a huge help to me. I think I'm a fairly simple person. I like chemistry and biology because it makes sense...it can all be narrowed down to a simple principle or theory (sometimes a lot of theories, but at least they're compartmentalized into simple ones) I'm the same way in the gospel. I look for the basic principle or doctrine so I can understand it better. Nephi says in verse 6 "I glory in plainness, I glory in truth, I glory in my Jesus". I love that. I'm a simple person.
My roommates and companion are ridiculously educated and knowledgable in the gospel. I'm grateful that I have the Lord who knows me...he knows that I know this...and he knows I'm committed to share that. Some good advice before the mission was to "be an observer" and let other people have their say. I'm trying hard to keep to that because at least for me, when I put in my two cents, the discussion gets deeper and more heated and I feel the spirit step out of the room. Again, the Lord knows, and thats enough for me!
But yeah, 2 Nephi 33 is just incredible. And I know I wrote a little bit about how basically i wanted to switch my mission call to fiji...with the happy islanders...and happy language...ha, well then i reread Alma 26. oh. The lord threw a buffalo to my face. "now my brethren" (should've just said now cectpa jones...in a fatherly/kind-of annoyed slash patient way) we see that God is mindful of every people whatsoever land they may be in"...I know that...I'm on the Lord's errand and I'm endowed with his power to DO this...and suceed! I feel it, I believe it, I know it. Most of all I get it! My will is given up to the Lord!

welp 4 minutos....i love you all...mom ... YOU ARE AMAZING. I bragged and bragged about how i have the coolest/most hilarious 50 year old skydiving granny mom in the universe...everyone wants to meet you! and you know me so well...mangoes and lemons and toys! hahah....that package was perfect! and everyone loves their face flossers! I'm a flosser every day! (get it papa bear :)

I'm so happy and loving life...pray pray pray!

love cectpa jones

and! we have 100 new russian missionaries! they're taking over the mtc! me and cec. shaefer are coordinating sisters for our zone...these sisters give me life and someone to be better for...this calling is 100% more for me than them...the russians and ukrainians are coming today...wowwowow....

happy as a clam :)

and thanks d and taryn and roy boy.... i have the cutest nephew!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment