Tuesday, July 14, 2009

She came to visit again.

And scared me when she sneaked up on me and took this picture.
I had to finish some work so she patiently waited until I was done so we could to to lunch at the cafeteria.

We both had the chicken salad, chocolate milk, and a cookie. She also had some soup. We talked about her "investigators" (i.e. the teachers who speak Russian that she teaches a few times a week and pretend to be investigators) and I tried to give her some ideas of how to open them up more and help them to see the importance of the message. I shared a little news from home. She told me funny stories and made me laugh. She taught me more Russian (that I promptly forgot) and she laughed because apparently when I speak Russian, I do so with an Italian accent. She told me she was nervous because she was just asked to be the coordinating sister (kind of like a district leader for all the Russian-speaking sisters in her zone) and I told her she'd do fine. We finished lunch and walked back to her classroom. And then I took this picture of her. She's so cuuute. Look at the crazy Russian stuff on the board behind her. She wrote most of it. She's MART. So mart.
This is her desk.
This is part of her district. I love them. They love me back and have learned things in Italian to yell at me when I walk in. They speak Italian with Russian accents. Fer fun.
This is her room. Her bed was made. I was shocked.
It is so fun to see her every day! She's doing REALLY well. She's happy and excited and working hard! It is so incredible to see my younger sister being an amazing example for everyone around her. She's doing some great things, learning a lot, growing even more, and, as she likes to say, "I'm just busy preparing for my people!" She is already a fabulous and capable missionary and I am so proud of her. She told me today, "I can see why you say this work means everything to you... it's becoming that way for me."

6 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment