Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sixth Email: July 14th

hyelo family -

My brain for some reason shuts off right when i sign onto the computer... so while it's still fresh...Thanks for the package Gretch! (you're my favorite...and my roommates favorite...) mom, i need a tape player/recorder to play grandpas tape (i thought they sold them at the book store but FALSE)...Hello Romneys! my mom said you were a new addition to my scatterbrained emails... oorah! (thats russian for hoorah... its a tough one)

hmmm...this week was amazing as always. We break new ground in Russian every day! We're teaching the 2nd Lesson in Russian this week, but we should be fine. We've been practicing a lot in the teaching evaluation place (where lizzie works...did you know she made me muffins? cute huh...) EVERY DAY i look down at my notes or look up at the board, I think to myself, I'm learning Russian. Why does the "D" look like a space ship? "Who-spit-on-ya" oh yeah thats how you say trial..."oo-sah-ver-shen-sta-
vat-syah" oh yeah, that's "to progress"...i really want a carrot right now...in ukraine they have really good vegetables, but don't eat the radioactive ones affected by chernobyl!...oh Elder Dibb just fell out of his desk again...I just fell out of my desk again! i still get battle wounds when i SIT all day!...focus russian..."apple-seen" means orange?...who speaks russian anyway..."chornee-shnorkee! chornee-shnorkee!" (black shoelaces)...Brat Pearce just said "i dunno" 18 times..."vo-syem-nat-sit" is 18..."po-roos-ski" (in russian!) or push-ups! actually wall sits for girls...whatever...i could smoke anyone here...humilty...ahh!...brat olsen is dancing again...oh no...i love being a missionary! Elder Punderson and I started singing "gangster's paradise"...ahh babylon! punishment shopka! (everytime we bring up "babylon" we have to draw a punishment out of the 'punishment shopka'...one of those massive fur hats...so it's kind-of like Curses...or Quelf) who turned my desk upside down!! Elder slaeker......lets humm a hymn...i need thee every hour...ok...focus...

haha...that was fun...seriously, that happens to me EVERY DAY! my times up...but i love this SO much! I'm growing and learning so much and most importanting, i'm coming closer to my savior every day. I'm learning to better represent him. I'm developing a love for the ukrainians...i don't know how or why...but i am. I'm working hard, praying for help, and getting it! I AM SO BLESSED TO BE A MISSIONARY! LOVE YOU ALL!

love cectpa jones

ps.... have fun at the cabin...whoever finds my fort out in the woods by the canal wins...i'm serious it exists...ask richie!

Lizzie's reaction to Kathy's email this week: ..............? What a random girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment