Wednesday, February 17, 2010

33rd email: January 25th, 2010

yup...negative 10 right now. But this is nothing compared to the negative 30 everywhere else! i'm freezin my buns off! if I get transfered then...hehe...it'll be fun. Want to here about how i get dressed? k...so first the sock pants. They call them "kolgoatkee" (tights) but no...they're fleece lined sock pants. Then my ski socks...probably the best thing i brought to ukraine! Sometimes two ski socks...and then my jewel bags for my feet. My boots have a hole, so they aren't too waterproof, so althought they get wet, my bagified feet are dry...haha...learned from a babooshka :) Then i shove my mummified feet into my boots. Then i wear a skirt or two...and on top my long sleeve shirt then another long sleeved shirt then my sweater then my jacket then my coat. Then my two pairs of gloves and my shapka and my hood and all zipped up, topped off with a scarf, tag and book of mormon. :) hehe...quite the proccess. don't worry...i'm fine...it's funny when you sniff in and your boogers get frozen...haha...feels funny. Yesterday night, we discovered that we have basically an ice-skating rink in the back of our dom...sooo fun! i ate it once pretty hard, but no body saw except my companion...haha....i was like welcome to the clumsy life of cec. kjones :)
We had such a great week this week...we're focusing on contacting for lessons, teaching for baptisms, and just beig more effective in general. Cectpa Lav and I more than doubled our lessons this week! The Lord just needs us to sacrifice and use our brains and think of ways to be more effective...and he'll help us through the process...its so fun! The center of missionary work is teaching. Nothing happens until we find someone to teach :) that's a lil preach my gospel jem.
Lena is great. She's working a lot, but always wants to meet with us...on her breaks, after a long day at her shop, on her day off...she is ready for this. I love her so much! I think she realized that the gospel is true. It's hard to miss it. It really is a shining ray of light and truth in a world where there are so many lost people. I feel such a huge responsibility to help them. The truth exists, we've just got to humble them enough to realize it :)
welp i'm out of time...but know i love you alll "super pooper!" as they say here....haha...russian...meh..
.don't worry about it...it's coming :) i love it...
llllllllllloooooooooovvvvvvvvv
veeeeeeeee you!
love cectpa jones


mom thanks so much for sending that!! love you !

No comments:

Post a Comment