Monday, February 22, 2010

37th email: February 22, 2010

Fam-bly -
I'm sorry I'm such a terrible letter writer. I would say it's a Jones thing, but it's not. I would say I don't have time, but I do. I would say I'm a scatterbrain, and that would cover it. Haha...so I'll do my best.
A tramvy is like trax, but a billion years old. You shove people on until the doors don't close. It's awesome and it's only 1 hriven...so preferrred travel :)
I did get my package yesterday! The aps were up on sunday to do some audit thing...President is stuck in Moscow. THANKYOU! My coat is perfect cause the weather has really warmed up here...and I got everything else...splash guard - awesome :) make-up - enough to last me till I'm 40! And the candy will be great for the english kids...have I told you about the english kids?! No...so it's so awesome...in my english class I have entire school class of 10-11 year old kids that come with there awesome english teacher...there are like 20 of them plus another 10 or so regular people and 5 or so members... Their first week here was my first week here, and I'm not gonna lie, they love me :) I can't imagine a better thing in the world. These kids are getting a taste of the church early on! I love it! But yeah, everything else was there and intact...TANK-YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY BOOM-BOOM! and of course the pics of roy boy were my favorite :)
What else did you ask...oh the Webbs...yeah their awesome...their like 60 or something, so yeah, they're youngish for a missionary couple...Ct. Webb worked for the postal service for 31 years and Cec. Webb taught english and speach to high school kids...their like our mom and dad :) Cec Ave. and I did splits one night and I was with Cectpa Webb cause we had to go over her talk for sunday so I could help her with her little Russian parts and so we could go over the topic cause I needed to translate. They were so cute...made me a lil PB and J sandwich and some soup and gave me treats...haha...like grandmas house. They just barely got here in December, so pretty new...and I forgot where they are from...somewhere in Utah
Our apartment is driving me insane!!!!!!! EVERYTHING has broken within this past week...story...so we came home around 930 from being out all day and our entire podezd (like people who live in our building) were in front of our door, along with the bomb squad, and everyone was freaking out..."THERE THEY ARE! OPEN THE DOOR GIRLS!" ahhhh ok! So I open the door, and out pours some gas fumes and in rush the bomb squad ghost busters with there flashlights...apparantly our gas had been on allllll day....we figured out that we have a faulty broken oven ...but everyone was freaking out and yelling. Once the bomb squad (they're really not a bomb squad, just the gas people...but they were in fire fighter uniforms for some reason...) "dismantled" the oven, everybody came into the apartment...ALL our neighbors...and they were all telling us what to do and how to live and how to breath...haha...it was one of the most hilarious experiences ever...just all these awesome ukranians in their pjs and moving our stuff around and opening all our closets and doors :) But I guess if we would have turned on the lights, they said a fire wouldv'e started...CRAZY...So we got yelled at good, but we handled it and the drama has passed. But so that's the gas...this week our fridge started groaning all night and day, our water only comes out boiling, our lights went out, our toilet broke, and when all was lost, i was like "Well at least we have our microwave! I would die without a microwave!" yeah guess what breaks that night...haha...man,...I am some bad karma for this place....I wonder what will break today?
My companion is armenian...she's beautiful and spends a lot of time getting ready to be even MORE beautiful...dark hair, eyes, short, lil stocky... The members say that I speak russian with a a mix of a russian and armenian accent...but no ukranian accent....haha...that's thanks to cec. k and cectpa anush...i spoke mostly english with cec. lav.
Temple will be dedicated in October...so yes we will go when you come! 1000%...maybe we'll head up with some members or something...oh it's going to be amazing. It's a big excitement here and innactives are coming back in preparation for it...huge blessing to this country
dangit i answered all your questions and didn't have time to tell you about our sweet armenian FAMILY! that we're teaching or Alyona, or Zeena, ugh...hope your happy :) sorry...i'm just pretending to be sassy...life it so so good. I've got a ton to work on. But the second I take a step forward to do it, the Lord blows me away with blessings. No matter how hard I work, how dedicated I am, how lost in this cause I find myself, my service will never amount to what our Savior has done for us...but that is no excuse to hold back...perfect, godly joy in this life and the next...thats the special today people :) and it's on the house... love you all...stay strong and do your home teaching :)
love cectpa jones
ps. dad. i died when i read your letter last week... i printed it off and read it that night and literally was laughing out loud and my comp thought i was insane...your hilarious.
pspsp- j.. stop. just stop stop stop.. I'm confused and don't know you! hahah...you stud...keep writing me! what happened to my monthly letters!!
pspsps - lizzzie...thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tell me those things that you said you wish you knew on your mission! share the goods oh wise one! love you shissa
roy - tell your rentals that i love them...and dang boy...you good-looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment