Monday, March 22, 2010

41st email: March 22nd, 2010


Heyyyloooo my American People!!
 
I'm proud to be an American.  Today we went to the zoo with Alyona, Arina (her little sister that is actually MY little sister that mom gave up for adoption) and Sasha (her brother...well actually cousin...but cousins are called brothers and sisters here).  I saw a massive bear and was VERY excited about it.  I got spit on by a Lama that only hated me.  I bought our groceries, but forgot my bag, so they're all in my hands and it's awkward looking and uncomfortable.  Yup...that's my day so far :)  Good day.  Good P-day.  SO happy to be outside in this marvelous weather.  I can't even tell you how energizing it is to have sunshine and fresh air and not have to be all bundled up.  I've made the decision to live in Hawaii and visit the mountains in the winter for maybe a few weeks.  I need sunshine!
Things are going so great with Alyona.  I am almost positive that she will serve a mission.  She is strong, compassionate, a leader, has a real testimony, sure of herself.  She basically teaches us in our lessons.  When we work with her, I feel like I'm in the cream of missionary work...where you can see success and see a vibrant future for your  investigator.  Her family is our obstacle, but I wouldn't call them an obstacle even.  Time is all they need...and hard working, consistant missionaries.  I know they will be sealed in the temple...the KIEV temple.
The temple.  Uh.  Best thing that will ever happen to this country in the history of the country...talk went well on Sunday.  Members so often forget the promises that have been made to them!  Work is on the verge of exploding.  President Uchtdorf promised that Eastern Europe will soon be like South America...and in my lifetime.  We are just in a different stage of the work.  Some missionaries baptize.  Some missionaries retrieve.  Some missionaries strengthen.  Some missionaries prepare the people.  Some misisonaries warn the people.  It's all the Lord's work.  We try to do it all, but when we turn to Heavenly Father and ask what He wants, it's clear what our focus needs to be.  Set a strong foundation...find the people here that are needed to lead... help them prepare for the temple.  The potential here is huge, so Satan here is huge.  Good thing we already know the outcome!
Haha...Flinstones is on right now in Russian...so Funny...Fred sounds like a smoker!
Welp i have to go already... i love you all a ton.  Stay strong and be good and don't say swearssss.  Have a great day!
 
love cectpa jones
 
ps. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment