Tuesday, March 30, 2010

42nd email- March 29th, 2010

DEAR FAMIOLIOA!
 
Did you know that our Elder Webb (Senior couple guy) served in Tonga?!  Of course you didn't. How would you know that.  But he did.  He was telling me about his mission the other day...40 years ago, 1/4 of the population was LDS.  There was a point when they had 5 baptisms...not a transfer...not a month...not a week...but EVERY DAY.  Their standard of excellence was hundreds and hundreds and hundreds a transfer.  So.  Cool.  Pretty soon Tonga won't even need missionaries.  I'm sure he was a little shocked to come to Ukraine :)  Cectpa Webb's dad was in the CIA and followed Hitler around and had to take up smoking because of it...sweet...not the smoking...but the whole intense job thing.  Our Senior couple is awesome...way cooler than any of us. 
Yeah it's Easter soon!  That means everybodies rearing up to get to church again!  I guess we get a lot of people at church on easter sunday too...I'm excited to see who shows up.  We meet the most interesting people in our quest to find these innactives.  Interesting interesting people here!  We get conference the week after you guys and I'm jealous.  I can't wait.  I can't believe it was already 6 months ago that we heard our prophets and apostles speak...i miss them :)  I wonder what new stuff they have for us... Cectpa K told me a story about tracting.... they were tracting...hahah...obviously...and they started the conversation with prophets, "Did you know that we have a living Prophet today that receives specific revalation for us?"  the people were like, "Oh yeah?  What did he say this month?"  they went blank....uhh.... how emmabawassing.   Seriously though, we have a living Prophet of God who works his tail off for us, and are we paying attention to what he says?  I know I never made a real effort before the mission.  bleen.   We live and we learn :) 
We got a call from on old old investigator that said she wants to serve a mission.  We got a text this morning with a spiritual thought that she sent to everyone she knows.  She wants to be worthy to be baptized.  wo-mi-o.  She comes back from kiev on wednesday and we'll see whats up with her...sweet if she's for real!  We had a bunch of random people come to church on sunday...you know...just dropping into the Lord's house to give a holla...haha...I love it when that happens.  We work all week long to get people there...or to get them back...and then they just show up on their own :) 
Cectpa A goes home April 26.  Visiting teaching is a rough and slow start...but it's starting.  Work moving along... Zaporozia is mos def not as beautiful as Sevastopol...aesthetically speaking...but every ugly step sister has her good traits!  I'm so happy that we have good weather and more sunshine in our day...i seriously thing i went through a vitamin D drought there...
I have to go.  We're going to the branch so i can practice the piano for choir on sunday...yes i am the pianist...hahaha...stupid Elder Belnap left again and I'm left to play...no worries...I;m getting better because of it!  Love you all.. happy easter my friends
 
love cectpa Moses :)
 
ps.  why is my nephew so HANDSOME.  I can't wait to see his little face...i don't really want to see anyone else...just plop him in front of the computer and I'll be happy forever :)
 
psps.  Is'nt that video of cectpa k HILARIOUS!  The best part is is that she's totally not like that....caught her on a hilarious day :)
 
psps/// did you like the ice rink picture :)
 
and make sure you get all those pics on some kind of disk or something and let me know if I can erase them off my card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
a vas ochin lyoublyou i ya skoochiyou po vami!  no ne sleeshkom mnoga :)

Note: My friend Chris who speaks Russian told me that last part means I love you and miss you but I don't miss you too much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment