Monday, April 5, 2010

43rd email: April 5th, 2010


Nu.... privet vcem... Eesoos Voskres!  Bo eesteenoo voskres!
 
Happy Easter.  Here you can say to anybody, "Christ is Ressurected!" and they'll say back to you, "In actuality ressurected!"  It's a fun lil game.  We stopped by the Pravoslavny Church Sunday Morning and got splashed with holy water.  They take their "paskhee" (cake things that look like massive cupcakes) to be blessed and splashed with water on Easter Morning.  We thought we'd join the tradition!  Great day...sounds like our weather is better than yours!  I'm walking around in short sleeves!  Hey, I'm sorry, but I deserve it.  haha... winter is over!!!!!!!!!  Fun times...but not times to be repeated! 
Elder Hall was in another district, but I know him well.  His companion is insane, but HILARIOUS...elder rowe...i served with him in Sev.  Elder Hall is a nice kid...I haven't served with him yet, but he's served with some great elders I think...good kid.  Glad you met them :) Mom I told you not to get everything dangit!  Now I feel guilty.  I just ramble things and then you actually do it!  By the way, do you want me to send stuff home, or just wait till you get here to get cool stuff?  It'd be easier for me to wait, that way I won't have to lugg it all around...i've already gotten a couple things, but let me know basically if you'd like me to send something else home :) I'm happy to!  
Today we had an awesome day.  We spent the day on the one cool site/beautiful area in Zaporisia... Hortiski Island.  Sweet place...there were all this bikers and climbers and hikers...i felt like I was back in New Zealand for about two seconds...probably cause they have laws about littering there :)  Clean, beautiful place to be!  We had a picnic with the branch, played games, played guitars, frisbee, soccer, and went to this cool old Ukranian museum village set up thing place area something like that...best part was that Valentina came with some of her friends.  Valentina is our golden investigator...not golden in the fact that she's immedietly ready to be baptised, but golden in character and personality.  Man.  I love that lady!  I spent the day with her, and she showed me around the cool old Ukranian museum village set up thing place area something like that...she knows alot about Ukranian history.  She and her husband came to church on sunday and really liked it.  They met all the members and Anatoli (the dad) and our Branch President hit if off talking about fishing :)  Everyone has just fallen in love with Valentina.  She asked me how to become a member of our church on Sunday... i was so taken back I could only say "Through baptism!" and give her a big hug...she probably thought I was crazy, but oh well :)  We're meeting with them tomorrow and we're eating Paskhee...I've probably eaten 30 pounds of Paskhee in the past 2 days...ugh... haha..oh well...Only one Easter in Ukraine!
Alyona is amazing still...she and her sister are like my siblings... sometimes it's hard to not get too lost in having fun together, and focus on her spiritual growth...i still know she'll serve a mission.  :)  Still teaching her guitar, and now one of her friends...fun fun stuff.
What else to say...prayer works...it's a form of work...and it works. 
I'm seeing my second baptism on Saturday!  Again, not someone we taught, but at least I'll see him :)  His name is Anatoli... He has has helped me so much in realizing the simplicity and beauty of this gospel.  He's a doctor, physically handicapped, quit smoking in one day all thanks to his faith, love's his Heavenly Father, and wants to become a missionary.  He's amazing.  Got to go ...man...drama in the internet club :) haha...love you all...thanks for support and love and all that stuff...
 
love cectpa jones
 
 
 
psss... Andrea...HAPPYY BARFDAY!!!  hehe...i sent you letter, but it'll be late... :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment