Thursday, November 18, 2010

75th email: November 8th, 2010

Mom -

sorry, i''ve just got a lot of stuff to do on the computer, and an hour is all we've got...  Short letters is all I can do right now, but I'll talk your face off in a couple weeks.  K.  Change of life.  My group is leaving Monday night for home.  We're doing to last dinner/testimony Monday afternoon.  I'm leaving Zap Sunday evening about 5ish.  You're coming to Zaporozhia Saturday straight from Kiev.  Don't worry, President called me last night and gave told me whats up and gave me permission for you guys to come.... there was just some kind of mix up with thanksgiving travel, but all is well.  So I want you to call me once you get in country and get to the hotel in Kiev... that ok to do... then call me from the train station on Saturday and let me know what train you're on and when you'll be in Zap.  You'll stay at Intourist on Saturday night, we'll go to church the next day together (I'm speaking...that'll be fun) and then we'll go home, pack up, then you'll leave with me and Ostler for Dnepr around 5 or 6 that evening.  We'll go to Presidents and stay at their place (unless they want you to stay somewhere else... there's a hotel right by his place, but I'm pretty sure it's ok if you'll be there... i'll be there...)  then do what there is to do on Monday... maybe go to the airport to say goodbye to the elders... and then go to Krimea.  I can't do the elongated goodbye thing in Zap, so we'll be there just for those two short days.  Then the rest will go as you guys planned.  Lyouda (a friend here in Zap) is coming to the temple with us.  We'll go to Yalta for a day down in Krimea...and yeah.  So that's the plan... make hotel reservations if you want, but I think we'll be fine just walking in... but then again that's me and I've never ordered a hotel room in my life.  haha.
Olga.  She wasn't baptised.  She's not ready to pay tithing.  It's the stupidest thing ever, but at the same time, it's a lot of money to give up when you've got a huge bulk of credit to pay off.  We told her that 90% of our income + the Lords blessing = waaayyy more than 100% of our income.  She needs the blessings of tithing, especially if she's in debt.  ugh.  The silliest things are messing up our investigators.  But she'll get over it.  I fasted for miracles, and I'm expecting to see them. 
Leadership conference was inspiring, motivating, and just reall really really great.  I've now gone through 2 intensely saturated training sessions of this new program/identity of missionary work and I'm all pumped up about it... and I'm going home... I better be a mission prep teacher or something.  I'm like annoyingly trying to cram all this information and all these teaching skills into my companions brains... haha.. my poor companions.  Our goal is to lift the mission by changing the identity of Missionaries.  We are Disciples of Christ.  John 17...intercessory prayer...holla.  I love this stuff. 
I'm sorry, i have to go..  theres like a billion things to do.
I didn't get the card while I was in Dnepr.  They pick up the mail Tuesdays and Fridays, and it should be there tomorrow.  One of the Aps is coming down on Friday, so I should get it then.  Lets hope.  I love you guys!  stay strong and be good.  I'll talk to you soon!

Love Cectpa Jones

ps.  my companions would like anything... something small 


No comments:

Post a Comment