Tuesday, June 23, 2009

3rd email: June 22, 2009

hyelo mama!

sorry no orthotics in the shoesies... i hardly wear those ones cause my other ones are like putting your feet into two slices of heaven. Thanks for the letters and muddy buddies (apparently they're also called puppy chow)...the elders love you! and i'm happy to have a de-nastified face thanks to my face knife. Lizzie said i shouldn't call it a face knife because it sounds scary. It's weird that I see her so much...but I love it! All the Anzianos and Sorellas yell at me from across the cafeteria and outside and wherever else... haha... ciao sorella jones!... then i yell back...adlkfj40378adspiz'^#Q$%
$%^&# 345324 $#%@#%^ jafdj!... Thats russian for "Hello!" The language is absolutely riduculous, but i LOVE it... but it's like a disease...at firsts my body recognizes it as foreign and tries to fight it off as fast as it can, but i'm slowly increasing my immunity to it, and then I'll be living healthily with the Russian Pox! It'll take time and a ton of work and sacrifice.

I have already seen miracles come about in my life from serving a mission...it's like i didn't even know what I was missing in my life until it comes... I came on a mission for good reasons, but now I feel the magnitude of this calling. This is the real stuff...the only means and name whereby salvation can come, only in and through the name of Christ (mosiah 3:17 or something)...I can't begin to describe how hard this hit me...just on Saturday and Sunday... THIS IS IT! Christ lives! The way has been paved! The sun has risen to light our way...and we are the messangers of Him! HOLY SMOKES. I knew it before, I know it now, I'll know it always. It's a sweet and joyous assurance, like my boy alma talks about! wow. its so cool. the gospel is cool. it puts a massive bounce in my step...i think i'm annoying people. meh.

i'm happy papa bear got his ipood... we'll see if he figures out how to use it :) lizzie gave me mine full of Raffi and our "jones family bonanza" and "jolika" (JOhnny, LIzzie, KAthy) recordings from my computer...with that, my farmer overalls, my massive tribal chief sweatshirt, my box full of tricks, and the fact that i love doing acrobatics on my bed make the sisters think i'm crazy, but they actually love cause i love them...i actually really love being forced to live with people...i'm learning so much and growing so much in ways i never would!

my district is as crazy as every...we couldn't get through our prayer the other day...tears were streaming down our face, uncontrollable laughing, some had to leave the room...we tried to resort to personal prayers, but all hope was lost...God was laughing with us :) Our district is really so perfect for me...such hooligan spiritual giants :) i'm glad that they're 19...it makes my immaturity seem a little less apparent

love you all so so much...time is up

i'll work hard, you work hard, and we'll love every second!!!

love cectpa kjonez

mom- youda best
dad - don't pretent like you know russian...translator dot com is no bueno...haha...keep it comin i like to try and figure it out

roy - poop on danny
danny - clean it up
johnny - if you don't write my a letter or draw me a picture within one week your room will blow up
lizzie - see you tomorrow
taryn - you're my fave

No comments:

Post a Comment