Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Second Email: June 16th, 2009

i'm always so scatterbrained when i write...i've got like 30 minutes to read all these goodies, and now a few minutes to write...oh well! I really do love the MTC! Elder Bednar came and spoke to us a week ago...elder bednar...uh...i cried. He talked about knowing the difference between the spirit telling you to do something and you telling you do do something...this is what he said, "Quit worryin' about it! Be a good boy, be a good girl, stay true to your temple covenants, keep the commandments, press forward in faith and the LORD will guide your footsteps, HE will inspire your utterances!" It's like mountain biking, you can't switch gears until you start going... if I wait around for the spirit to tell me to turn right or left, then oppurtunities shoot right by us! He shared D&C 80:3-5..."ye cannot go amiss." The Lord can't afford to have us mess up! I loved it...it made me pumped to start moving...

The natives are here! They're so great, don't speak a lick of english. oh wait two of them do...one of them, cectpa kadikyan, is from Armania and she speaks Russian, English and Armanian. She's awesome, they're all so faithful. They went through the temple for the first time a couple days ago...it's amazing how blessed we are to have a temple on every corner...they were just bawling. But cectpa kadikyan (i don't know how to spell that) is going to dnepr too...she could be my companero!

My roommates are CRAZY. Its SO funny to watch 6 strong and opinianted personalities clash in a closet of a room...i LOVE it. I laugh every day at all their weird insightful deep conversations...one of them conducts her classical music as she listens on her ipod...no two of them... i love them so much. cectpa champenois, one of my roomies, is from denmark....she's tall lanky and has blonde hair to her bum bum...her comp is cectpa calderwood... a firey red head from alaska who has so many random talents its amazing...she's a hard core seamstress...and SO SO genuine and honest...i love her...then we have the yoga sensei master, cectpa smith...she's earthy and in touch with her inner spirit...i do yoga with her in the mornings and she kicks my trash...i like her a lot....and oh... cectpa jackson...90 lbs of opinionated educated breaks out in broadway in the middle of dinner crazy intimidating lovely sister... i love er... sometimes i just gotta laugh though... and then my cectpa schaefer... and when i say she speaks russian, she speaks russian...she's studied for 3 years in college and lived in moscow for 5 months...she is so bored in class! i feel for her... i try to help her as much as i can. It's tough having a companion that already speaks though. It's a lot easier when you learn this language with someone, and during lessons and approaches, she takes over...cause she can! it's tough. This language is INSANE... trying to learn it is the hardest thing i've ever done, but i work at it tirelessly...gift of toungues is real... I'll get it.

My district is HILARIOUS...oh wow... they're really great spiritual and solid kids, but we get off topic ALWAYS... we have all the rambunctios ones in our district...we make the most noise...but we work hard...and no one's been quarantined yet! we made a rule that no one would get sick, and if someone did then we'd all have to go into quarantine with them...along with the teachers...my teachers are amazing...100% different, but really good for us...

the food is fine...it gives me bad heart burn, but i'll deal with it...I've got my TUMS! i don't need really anything mama... and letters are the funnest, but emails aare convenient... dear elder bugs me... ct. anderson (an elder in my district) got 12 yesterday...haha...he put it on facebook. but anything is fine! I love you all so so much and i love being a missionary! It's THE MOST humbling thing in the whole world...i can achieve nothing without my heavenly father... i've never fully understood this...i'm getting there! love you mom and dad and kids and roy... and everyone else who gets this! i'll tell lizzie if i need anything :)

love cectpa kjonez

ps... i finished my thankyou notes...i just have to give them to lizzie...come get them sisterrr!
pps...mom. maybe you should google how to make muddy buddies and send them to me? i dunno...jsut a thought... haha...my district loves them

ppss...let me know if i can do anything for anyone...i'm a lil bit stranded, but ya know... i could sneak ya some KILLER meatloaf... or ya know...pictures of jesus...

No comments:

Post a Comment