Tuesday, June 9, 2009

First email! June 10, 2009

Kathy's first email:

Hyelo family! Wat doin? Let me know if you want me to write to any other email address...these are the only ones I know. The MTC totally rocks...Russian racks my brain... and my days are surrounded by the spirit! My companion is Cectpa Schaeffer. She's a twin and her sister served in Korea. She's so funny...she was a professional salmon fisher/gutter for the past 3-4 summers and works at mcdonalds during the school year! She already speaks Russian... she studies it in school and lived in Moscow for 5 months. Yup...personal tutor. She's so great though...she loves star wars and fantasy books and is super happy and positive. She gets SO excited over the funniest things...and my district is hilarious. So hilarious that it's hard to focus sometimes! We have 11 missionaries, 2 sisters, one 3-some... I love them. We're lucky... the russian natives come to a- our mtc and b- MY BRANCH! they came today...they're going to be such a help for our language lack of skills. uhmmm.... Ukraine is going to be the best mission in the world...the work is booming there. This past week, President Uchdorft (whatever) visited Russia and Ukraine...it was the first time that a member of the first presidency has visited over there...he said that through the faith and commitment of the members and missionaries, great things can be expected... and we will see that in our lifetime. The temple in Kiev will be huge in furthering the work... I guess it's now being dedicated in October which is the month before i leave...and i have high hopes! My mission president and his wife are truckin around here somewhere, but i haven't seen him yet...give stuff to Lizzie for me! I see her all the time@! like mayberr some muddy buddies...mmm....the food honestly is weird here, and i'm not just saying that cause it's cool to hate the food...but i embrace it... i know why i'm here...so the Lord can teach me to be a shepherd to gather his sheep in Ukraine.... the spirits strong every day...it SO hard...SO frustrating...my brain hurts...but i love it! And my body hates me right now for sitting in a hard chair all day...gym saves me! I try to straight up run the entire hour! I shower mom... i've showered twice already! and i wear normal clothes! ps i'm so glad i got the clothes i did...not sketchy at all...they're totally fine...and....i dunno what else! i love it here...don't worry about moi.... i can testify and and meet someone and pray in Russian... and i made up a song to the first vision... more of a chant...more of a jumprope "cinderella dressed in yella".... love you mon...and can you maybe give lizzie another pillow for me? and i llove you... and i can read in russian...

love cectpa jones (sestra)

No comments:

Post a Comment