Monday, June 8, 2009

Sprechen Sie Russian?


Kathy came to visit today. I almost can't believe that she's really  a missionary. It kind of looks like she is pretending... like she borrowed one of my old tags and put it on just for fun. But then I got a closer look and realized that her tag looked like this:
Nope... I can't read it either. She LOVES the MTC. Among the Italian missionaries, she is quite the celebrity. They all come in my room and interrupt my class to say "Sorella Jones! I saw your sister! I saw her and she said hi to me! And she also waved!" They love her. Her companion is named Sister Schaffer, who took some Russian in college and went to Moscow to teach english for four months so she already speaks Russian pretty well. They get along great. Kathy loves her teachers and is loving the life of a missionary. 



Here is Kathy speaking some Russian... this was on Friday,  her 2nd full day in the MTC.

 By the way, those red vines were supposedly a gift for me... but she "accidentally" ate most of them before she got to my room. Haha. Ad I love how she says "okay.... okay.... okay..." before speaking the second part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment