Sunday, August 8, 2010

57th email: July 12th, 2010

Hey der mommer and family -

Bulgaria was nuts!  I stayed with the Sisters there (I was with one of them in the MTC so it was so fun to see her) and they are just so happy and bubbly bunches of joy...really it seems like all the missionaries are happy bubbly bunches of joy...different mission.  So anyways, I just hung out with the Elders all day and tried to find people that speak Russian.  We walked around Sofia and saw the sights, ate at Subway, KFC, Burger King, Dunkin Doughnuts...all for lunch...the Elders were crazy.  McDonalds bought the rights to be the only fast food restaurant in Ukraine, so we've got none of that.  It was so funny.  We bought peanut butter (that got taken away in Vienna, dangit) and oreos and a bunch of other weird Bulgarian stuff. The best part was just being with my group again from the MTC...we had so much fun!  It was weird for us to just wander around the city with nothing to do and no language to speak...but what do you do? We ended playing like 4 hours of Mau (it's like Uno on steroids) in the food court... it was soo so funny.  Main thing I guess is that we got our visas and we're good to be here for another year!  Maybe I'll stay till next summer :) So yeah, I liked it there.  It's clean and pretty and there are mountains and people are really nice....but I'm glad I serve here.  I like this mission.  I like our mission President.  Bulgaria is like the size of our mission, so theres just one mission there.  When I flew under the brown clouds of Dnepropetrovsk, I felt right at home :)  haha...on my way back to Zap, our bus broke down!  It was like 2 in the morning and we were all just on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.  It was so funny watching them trying to fix the bus...they'd like pound really hard on the sides of the bus and then step back and look at it.  haha...soo funny.  after a couple hours of taking off all the tires and putting them all back on, we were good to go :)  I got back way late and poor Sveta was just waiting for me in the voksal...on her birthday...haha...she's a good sport.  So yeah, Sveta's my companion for another week and a half...the girl from Zap that I served with before Nastia...we get along really well and she's super easy going.  I like her alot :) 
Omigosh, yesterday we were walking up to the ostanovka from church and there was a huge accident...well not huge, but a car rammed into a Kvas stand and ice cream stand and into 2 women.  They were both pretty banged up and people were just standing around staring at them as they were lying on the ground bleeding... ?  I was able to help one of the ladies with her head wound and control the bleeding until the ambulance came.  They were both ok, just in shock with some deep cuts.  It was exciting :) 
Alyona went to Youth Conference this week and just LOVED it and raved about it.  She was in a group with President and Sister Nielsen and other youth throughout our mission.  Then she spoke about it on Sunday.  She is so close to getting baptised.  She's just got to straight up talk to her Dad about it! 
Welp...things are good...I get sick when I think about where all this time has gone.  I really need to write in my journal better!  But I'm happy and healthy and working hard.  Love you all!!  stay strong...love you

love cectpa jones

ps happy anniversary rentals... dad...let mom go swimming in the crater for $16...hahaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment