Monday, August 9, 2010

62nd email: August 9th, 2010

Dear Mom and Friends - 

So...We're still working with Sergei.  He's busy right now, but we won't let him forget his desire to learn about the gospel.  We're in the works of getting his dad a Book of Mormon.  We passed him to the Elders, and they're keeping in touch with him.
We have a new angel of an investigator.  I'm SO excited about her!  So we have this funny member...Brat Valeri...and he goes into this place to get free massages every day.  He's hilarious and speaks english like an englishman...so he invites this girl to FHE because she wanted to better her english skills....AND SHE CAME!  all by herself, she just waltzes into the Webbs door... we were like, "Who is that!"  She is simply a breath of fresh air.  I talked to her right off the bat and we hit it off so well.  She studied down in Yalta, finished, and then moved back home to live with her mom, brother and sister (she's the oldest of 3...3 kids!  that's unheard of) She was so excited to come to FHE and learn about God and the Bible and brought a notepad to take notes :)  She became a believer when she saw the example of her mother.  Their Dad left them, and her mom turned to God and they all saw how she changed for the better.  She began to believe and go to church in Yalta, but never felt comfortable in a specific church.  When we met with her later in the week, she said that she when she sat down at FHE and looked around and everyone, she felt so good.  She said to herself, "This is how is should be."  We are SO excited about her and I'm SO excited to continue to teach her.  She is just a genuine, sweet, and just really cool girl.  On her days off of work, she just serves people and helps people.  I pray that she can recognize truth in the Lord's church.  I pray that she will just fall in love with the teachings and revelations we have.  Oh my goodness.  She is another direct answer to a prayer.  I've now been in Zap for over 6 months and will proabably be here till the end.  It is a long time to be in one city.  I prayed that Heavenly Father would give me oppurtunities and people to teach to keep me going strong till the end.  And then He sent us Ira.  Seriously.  You'll meet her and you'll automatically feel how she just radiates with the Light of Christ!
Alyona is doing good.  She isn't going to be studying in Dnepr which is good... We're trying to help her desire to be baptised just set on fire, so she can firmly and confidently tell her parents that this is what she wants to do and ask for their support.  She's already in University and is a big girl, and I think her parents would give her permission.  They like the fact that she goes to church and that she brings Arina to church.  I've got to see her baptised.  We'll help her get there.
All is well with me...the Webbs leave this week and I'm super bummed, but we'll live I'm sure...
Love y'all... haha...stop stalking my poor companion!  Actually that's really funny.  She's in St. George?  Yeah you talk as if I know things...haha.. the entire mission is a mystery to me... i just live and serve with whoever President puts with me... :)  TEMPLE OPEN HOUSE IS GOING!!!! so cool.  
love you all...stay strong and happy.

Love cectpa kjones

p.ssssss  happy barfday danny-cakes... y' ald fogie..

ps. skydiving?  again?  haha...oh momachka...

No comments:

Post a Comment