Sunday, August 8, 2010

58th email: July 19th, 2010

hallo.

Of course my next companero gets visa problems... I am a cursed missionary.  I've had like 400 companions in 3 transfers!  President just sat me down and laughed on Sunday...haha...man...they talked about moving me out to serve in a threesome, then they talked about finding a different mini...then they talked about switching me to open Antartica...and we decided on me staying with Sveta until the new sister comes in.  Sweet Lizzie met her!  Yeah she's my next victim here in in Zap...haha...she'll absolutely love it.  I'm sooo excited to serve with her and to serve with a full-time set apart missionary for our mission.  so excited.  I'm thinking that I'll stay in Zap till the end of the mission, which would be intense, but really fun.  7 transfers... haha...we'll see what other twists and turns come my way...maybe Sister Smith will show up! 
I'll make sure and write Grandpa this week.  Send him my love...
It's great serving with Sveta...it reminds me of my times with Sister Lav...just super super fun and you get along great, but hard to remain focused.  We're still working hard, but we could be doing better. 
Congrats Johnny Cakes!  Your blessing will be awesome for you to read and reread throughout your senior year.  By the way, since when does everyone call you John?  Lame.  It's all grown up. 
It's boiling here.  Above 100 with a kajillion % humidity and no airconditioning at church with the sun facing the windows...these Saints are hard core.  Sister Webb was telling me that the air conditioning broke during church a couple Sundays ago in her city and they cancelled church.  haha...  President Nielsen was at our branch on Sunday and he was toastin...We are getting and AC installed as we speak...slash type...well as I type.  HOORAH! 
We did side-walk chalk contacting this week...SO FUNNY.  We drew a massive Plan of Salvation and just invited people to walk through it...i felt like a was a worker at an amusement Park..."And everybody!  Keep your arms at legs inside the vehicle as we are BORN!  WEEEE!  And now...hold tight as we travel to...dun dun dun...OUTER DARKNESS!!!!  haha...just kidding we didn't include outer darkness...but that wouldv'e been sweet.   next time next time. 
I got a call fromm the one and only Lucy Lav this week and she is traveling all throughout our mission with her old companion Sister Baxter...they're coming to Zap next P-day!  It'll be so great to see them...
Alyona is still a gem... after every lesson with her, I feel like we just in the cream of missionary work... she is so smart and strong and committed.  We've just got the help her build up her courage to ask her dad to get baptised.  she will...
Welp everythin is good!  Just doing everything we can to build up this branch and prepare these people for the Temple.  I'm so excited for it...
well that's all for this week!  love you all... stay strong...don'tget too toasty...take advantage of the sprinklers and pools cause you CAN. 

love cectpa Jones

p.p.s what happened to July?
psps what happened to Tom?
pspsps what happened to my newborn nephew almost WALKING?!
psps.  cover yous

No comments:

Post a Comment