Wednesday, October 20, 2010

65th email: August 30th, 2010

Thanks for the email mama-cakes!  Things are good.  We spent half the week in Dnepr which was fun/tiring.  We had a 3 day conference about our new program for teaching.  I love it.  It's just more focused and helps us be better teachers.  We were asked to take what we learned back to our districts and teach them so we can start implementing everything.  We've already seen success.  I wish we started this at the beginning of my mission!  
Anya is down to 3 cigarrettes a day...that's down 17 in 2 weeks...she's hardcore!  We''re getting excited for her baptism, but we'll really need the Lord's help these next couple days when she quits completely.  Alyona is still so so so good.  She's really excited to be baptised...but the moment of truth is this week when we ask her dad to sign the form giving her permission to be baptised.  She's almost 17 and starting University tomorrow...I hope he realizes that she's a big girl and knows what she's doing.  She's just SO cool dangit!  Johnny, did you know I found your wife?  I'm not even joking...you should write her a letter :)  
My companion is still hilarious and hard-working...combination for success... she's a worse cook than me which is so funny.  Valya, the lady that cooks for the elders, came up to me yesterday, and asked if we needed her to cook for us...I about dropped to the floor laughing :) We're worse than elders!  But Cectpa Hoggan does clean like a mad woman... and I make pitas.  We are quite the team :)  Yeah...I made pitas!  homemade pitas!  I helped Cectpa Nielsen make them at conference, and they we so easy and delicious.  Yes, maybe I have about 7 burn marks from the oven, but the taste good.  Now we've got to find something to go in them....ideas?   haha..
Africa tomorrow!!!!! man.  I'm happy* for you.  I'm happy* you get to climb the mountain I've been itching to climb.  I'm happy* you're going on the adventure of a lifetime.  I'm happy* you get to see elephants.  Haha...I'm kind teasin.  I really am excited for you guys... send me lots of pictures and stuff.  You'll own.  It'll be fun.  Nat, you and I will go climb it all ghetto style with your crazy hook-ups (who has hook-ups named Simba and Zanzibar in Africa?  you do...hahah) have a blast and be safe!
OH.  So we have a dedicated temple in UKRAINE!! So great!  We went all the way to Dnepr to watch the broadcast, but in the middle of the first session (we were the second session) it stopped working.  a-buh.  That crappy thing is that you can't record a temple dedication.  so we'll never see it.  We were all super bummed... we've been waiting and waiting for this!  But I guess the most important thing is that we have a dedicated, house of the Lord in Kiev.  I will be there soon enough!  Yesterday, rain just poured in Zap...like flooded streets pouring...  We've had months and months of dryness without rain!  My companion pointed out that it was like Heavenly Father just pouring down the blessing of heaven, without room enough to recieve...how appropriate :())
I'm so happy for Lindsay and her new baby girl!  What's her name?  That's difficult that she has the same thing Jonas has...good thing this life is just a spectacle in the eternities of our lives.  I know God trusts 2 of his choicest sons and daughters in the arms of Lindsay and her husband.  What patient and loving parents!  Send them my love and congratulations...I'm sure they'll be remembered in all of our prayers.
That's is for this week... love you and miss you...when are you moving to Ukraine?  cause I'm not planning on coming home... :)  We can have a huge family reunion here...Kozak style :)  haha... i'm not joking though. 

love cectpa kjones 

* insert JEALOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment