Wednesday, October 20, 2010

70th email: October 4th, 2010

Hey mama - 

I'm so siked about conference.  I was thinking about it all yesterday and about who's talking and what not.  For conference, we get all together, watch the first session, take a borcshe break, and then watch the second...and the same thing the next day.  I can't wait...good to hear that we got a little shout out! 
Things are good...the work is good...we're busy which is good.  Olga's truckin along for baptism in a couple weeks and she's solid...you will absolutely LOVE her...omigoodness she taught us how to stand on our heads this week...she is 60...but probably like 12 inside... my type-a woman :)
And yeah, we're still bummed about Alyona, but everything will work out... she hasn't had the chance to talk to her dad yet, but she said she will.  We talked about Esther with her and her courage to get what needed to be done, done.  Like Alyona, she had this guy holding her back from saving her life and the lives of others.  She knew what she needed to do, pondered and fasted about it with the help of her family and friends, and planned out how she was going to approach him.  She buttered him up with some feasts, and then firmly let the king know not just what she wanted, but what she needed.  She needed the King to reverse the decree that Haman made...for the sake of her and her people.  Alyona needs her Dad to reverse his decision that he made...for the sake of her and her family.  We encouraged her to think up a plan, think about why she wants to be baptised, and then wait for the right moment to approach him with it.  We fasted together on Sunday, and are constantly praying so that she can have the courage, and her father can have the humility, do get that decree reversed.  I see Alyona, and I see an entire family tree of members of the church with her at the root.  I see her marrying a returned missionary and raising her kids as active, strong, saints. I see her getting married in our Kiev temple... ugh... it'll all work out.
I don't need anything else...I'll just have you bring stuff to give to members and investigators and companions and stuff. Not alot.  Think of something fun to give to our members!  I've promised a couple people Skippy and taco seasonings and ranch and stuff like that.  I wanted to get a CTR ring for Alyona for her birthday...it's in a few weeks...can you get her a cute one? In english is fine, they think it's cool... :) Just a cute, girl style, little one...she likes blue... 
I still think Johnny should come. 
BYU!  4to takoy!  I can't stay at home by meself next year!  The U is a WONDERful school...and really fun... don't get lost in our inbalanced family of BYU kids. 
I don't know what else to say...life is good... I'm in a wonderful companionship and am as happpy as a clam in zap...funny things happen every day...i talk in my sleep in russian... it's getting chilly again which i love... and Christ lives and loves me and guides my every step...if I allow it.  Love you all!  Stay strong and be good... give roy a smooch and get him ready for crazy tyotya kjones to get home and tackle him with love...haha...just joking...kind-of...
love cectpa rella-cchillle

p.s. we're teaching an armenian guy that hardly speaks russian...and knows know english...but he reads his aremenian BofM that we gave him and comes to church...it's a whole new experience teaching him...but i love it!  

psps.. how would you feel if I bought my own dog when I get home? haha... but I'm kinda serious...3's a crowd? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment