Wednesday, October 20, 2010

66th email: September 6th, 2010

Hey mama. 
 
Man.  Dad and Lizzie are harrrrrd core.  They're probably summitting right now!  What an adventure.  Things are good here.  Haha.  Get this.  Sister Smith...remember her?  The gall bladderless greeny that I was supposed to get in April?  Welp.  She came. And guess who her trainer is?  Me.  Weird, right?  I have TWO little American greenies and I'm about to pee my plantaloons!  She didn't go back to the MTC a third time, just came straight here...and she's all healthy and ready to go.  Our apartment is a disaster-zone, but I'm sure we'll find order...Cectpa Hoggan likes to clean.  Cectpa Smitty likes to cook.  And I have no attributes of a quality wife.  haha.  my poor husband.  But yeah... that was a shock.  President said that he doesn't think anyone's ever double trained before...ye-hah...roughin new ground!  haha. 
The weather is stupendous.  Breezy, fally, gorgeous weather!  I'm hoping it stays like this for a while...it makes it easier to work.  And sleep.   :)  We heard all about the temple from members on Sunday.  They put together a nice slideshow for all of us that didn't see it.  There was a way sweet cultural presentation the night before that looked SO cool.  I wish we could have gone!  But oh well.  I guess the most important thing is that we now have a dedicated temple in our country.  The members that went and saw it were just glowing.  They loved the Prophet and how light-hearted was...always cracking jokes, that man :)  I'm so excited for General Conference.  I can't wait to hear what he has to tell us. 
As for coming to Ukraine...yeah it's coming up huh.  I'll try to plan a rough outline of what we'll do this week and tell you next week.  I've invited both Alyona and Anya to come with us to the temple to do baptisms for the dead.  OH it'll be so fun with them.  You'll get a kick out of Anya and just fall in love with Alyona.  I think we'll probably go to Crimea first, then Kiev, then end up in Zap...good thing I've only served in 2 cities!  It's gonna be so so so fun..   bring warm clothes!  Ukraine in winter!  haha..it actually won't be that intense.
It's so weird serving with Americans.  And speaking english...haha.  Cectpa Smitty is a cute "Utah" girl from Morgan...wherever that is...and Hoggan is the funniest person I've ever met!  We had this HUGE bucket of waterballons that we filled up for waterballon volleyball for sports that day and were just TEMPTING me all through personal study.  So I'm just like...that's it...and take one and throw it at Cectpa Hoggan...it didn't pop. dangit.  but this led to harding throwing, bigger pelts, and wetter appliances....haha.. we had a blow out War!  so funny... but yeah...she's like that :) i love her.  Sister Smitty's making us some pasta parinara marinoscittio pompopello mamamia today...after an entire week of borshe and hard boiled eggs, we're happy!  Did I tell you we have a cook?  haha.. Valya...  she's a member and we pay her 50 hriven to make us delicious borshe and sandwich thingys and whatever else we order.  It's funny, cause she only cooked for the elders, but then she found out that the sisters also are kitchen handicapped.  haha.. 
love you all super muchos gracias... GOOD WORK DAD AND EIZZIL!!!!
Pics and letters and african marakas are expected.
:() )
 
Love Cectpa Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment