Wednesday, October 20, 2010

64th email- August 23rd, 2010

Hey semya moya - 

good to hear from you as always...we just came from a boat trip across the Dnepr...I'm all windified!  haha...it was way fun.  i can't believe Jeff thought I used a translator.  I'm offended.  haha.  Cveta needed to get some documents done on the internet, so i had some free time to write him...i write SO slow in russian script...script?  is that what you say?  but anyways....
Alyona is doing very well...she was on the sea this week with her family, but we touched base with her every day.  She's amazing!  The date is set for October 2nd...she wanted a little time to talk with her papa.  We put Anya on date this week!  She is hilarious old investigator anya that reminds me of Cruella Deville :)  She came back to church after a kind and unexpected visit from the Relief Society sisters...aren't they great?  She's doing so well and really knows that it's her time to quit smoking and accept baptism.  So yeah, that's our issue...she still smokes.  She's meeting with us every day, and lessening how much she smokes a little bit by a little bit.  It's good that we have a goal to work towards...an end in sight.  So September 11th is her date and we pray that we can help her make it.  We need some major Godly support....but we'll get it :)  She's ALSO awesome.  
We had a baptism on Saturday!  Larissa...the most humble, pure ladies that I've ever met.  I was talking to her before her baptism and she just looked at me with tears in her eyes, and said..."This is my fresh start!  My whole life I've been nothing special, but this is my start to my new life!"  Oh I love her.  She has two little boys, zhenya and dima that bring a spice and at the same time, innocence, to our rowdy primary.  What a miracle. 
Zaporozhia is exploding with miracles...i seriously collapse down in bed at night and just am in awe at the day that Heavenly Father has given us.  I love it.  It's still way hard...but it's overwhelming worth it.  
Our temple is finally being dedicated on Sunday!  We are all going to Dnepr for the broadcast and I'm already itching with excitement...finally finally finally.... THIS is why the work is exploding.  I hope you'll have a chance to watch the broadcast!
I'm heading to Dnepr this week for a Leadership Conference for 3 days.  We have this new teaching program that we'll be trained on that missionaries, starting in January, will be taught in the MTC.  We're preparing for it and implimenting it right away and we already see the fruits of it.  It'll be kinda weird cause it's just the elders from all throughout the mission in leadership positions and then me.  It'll be like how it was in Bulgaria, but with alot more testosterone.  haha... it'll be funny.  I still don't like leaving Zap though.  
MY COMPANERA IS THE FUNNIEST PERSON EVER.  I seriously don't know how God can make people so funny.  We were in the middle of nightly planning and I was talking to someone on the phone, and i look over at her... she's was looking at our address stamp and turning it over in her hands...then she puts it up to her forehead and stamps herself... hahahahah... i died.  It reminds me of that one time that Tucker jumped widespread into a bush at school then got out and walked away not saying a word...haha...i like people like that :)  She is so fun to work with to.  Absolutely fearless.  She can't cook.  I can't cook.  That's funny too. haha.,.. basically life is so good.  
Send Bundial my congrats and love...i'm still shocked, but good on him!  Way to go boucher.  Give royboy a kiss for me...make him so KJones flashcard so he's all ready for me... "Kathy = my favorite tyotya... Obama = vehicle of my tyotya... toast and eggs = staple food of my tyotya..."  haha...we'll communize his brain... :)  just kidding...
Welp, got to run... love you all.. stay good and be strong and pray for alyona and anya...and larissa... I've got ya'll covered and my thoughts and prayers!

Love Tyotya Kjones

ps.  Hulk Hoggan knows every word to beach boys endless summer cd.... a guy in our branch said she has humble eyes... she won a scholarship for being tall... she's certified to drive a forklift... you can imagine how cool she is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment