Wednesday, October 20, 2010

67th email: September 13th, 2010

MOM - 
privet mamochka.
Your kinda tripping me out with all these plans...ugh.  But here is what I was thinking....
When you guys get to Dnepro, me and Hoggan will either meet you there (if we get permission) or the elders can just put you on a bus and we'll meet you in Zap.  I'm thinking that we'll just plan really well for those next couple days and basically just take you around doing missionary work and meeting all the people that you'll want to meet and seeing all the places and everything.  Book a room at Intourist for sure.  I laughed so hard and how blasted negative that blurb was about Zap and Sevastopol!  There are amazing cities and so beautiful and you'll love them!  Yeah, my hair falls out cause of the water here, but meh.  Actually, we were in another area of the city this week that's out in the countryside and the air is clean, and I got all light headed...i felt there was too much oxygen...haha... I hope I don't have smoker lungs... ANYWAYS... Intourist...it's right across the street from my apartment and in the center of everything.  It's on Festivalnaya Square, which is 3 stops from the branch.  If you want, we can even stay at members apartments..they offerred...but I was thinking you'd probably want our own place.  Don't worry about places to eat...and know that like my own 5 fingers...and members and investigators will feed us.  We'll probably have an activity on Saturday night to welcome you guys and so the members can do all their ukrainian stuff..it's hilarious...and it's also mine and Ostlers last Saturday.  We will have both served here forever!  I was thinking of going to Kiev after Zap?  Is our plane leaving from Kiev or Dnepr?  If Kiev, then ponyatno, we''ll need to save Kiev for last, but if Dnepr, i think we could go to kiev, and then Crimea for the end?  I dunno... figure it out and I'll do whatever.  Most important is that we spend some time in Zap and the temple...and Crimea...haha..  In Sevastopol, the hotel on Naximova would be best...it's called Sevastopol.  It's on the same square as the branch and right on the sea.  In Kiev, if we end up needing to stay the night, book a room and the temple hotel...cool huh!  Right on the temple grounds is a hotel and a ward building...so that hotel would definitely be best... we can also go in and see the city too which is amazing!
And thats all for now... i trust you guys...plan away...
One thing.  So like in April, my camera fell in the Dnepr.  Don't ask me how. haha..  but I saved it!  and then discover that it didn't work.  I took it to this creepy old man to do remont, and he kind half-fixed it.  So I was just going around with a half fixed camera.  Then I lent half-fixed camera to a member that was going to Kiev for the temple event.  She didn't have a camera and wanted to document everything...understandable... however I got it back and half-fixed camera was now fully busted camera.  So I was like, whatever...I'll just mooch off other peoples pictures.  I went like a month without anything, and then passed by a camera shop... and bought one.  I'm sorry kinda... but I figured I still have quite a bit of the mission left, and especially at this time, I don't want to miss out on taking pictures and remembering these things..  I just bought the cheapest cannon they had, so I could still use all my old cannon equipment from my old camera...So theres a big chunk out of my personal fund...but i figured pictures are the best souveniers...I'm taking good care of it!  
uhhh...great week!  We have a hilarious inverstigator, Iolanta, that is such a free spirit... she chases after cats and pidgeons, but doesn't touch them cause she's allergic...hahah... she's sounds crazy, but she's just solid and way cool.  She plays the piano SO well...and i am REJOICING because she frees me of my pianist duty.  
I loved this week.  We just have little America in our apartment. Sister Smith is the best cook ever and made us all this american food...even creme brulee...who does that???  We loved it :) I found out she was coming to us 2 days before...like always...haha...what an adventure. 
I love you all!!!! have a wonderful week!  

Love Cectpa KJONEZ!  holla. 

ps.  send me PICTURES of the hike!!!  Lizzie, write me a really long letter about it!!! and send me more pics in general :)  I wanna see Hannah play!  ps.  My companion things Uncle Jim is goooood lookin'  haha... then i showed her the cheerleading christmas eve pic... hehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment