Wednesday, June 16, 2010

49th email: May 17th, 2010

MOM -
 
How am I not supposed to press reply??  My other options are "send" and that would send a blank email..."save now" and that would save your email...or "forward" and I don't have anyone to forward you email to...haha...so I pressed reply.  Forgive me.... haha... I have a glorious new angel of a companion!  Her name's Cectpa Kochet and she's from Dnepr.  She just barely got back from her mission in February from the England Burmingham mission.  It's so nice to serve with someone that A- knows the rules and B - works the same as you like to...she is dilligent and brings in a lot of good ideas from her mission.  I love serving with her and am happier than ever.  I love being in a supportive, fun, and dilligent companionship.  The work is still hard, but the days are easier when you're equally yoked...i love her!  We went to Dnepr this week because Cectpa Kochet had to speak at District Conference.  It was weird not being in our own branch.  I think we invited like 4 billion people to church this week, and apparantly one kid actually came!  That was exciting to hear...the elders were able to meet with him after church... Alyona was there of course...she's so great still... I want to get her baptizeddddddddd... she needs these blessing.  Her whole FAMily would be wonderful. 
So we were contacting on the street the other day and I go up to this guy selling some books and was like, "Hey look!  We've got this great Book of Mormon!"  And at first I thought he was all interested, and then, like always, he asked if we were Jehovah's witnesses ( If I had a kopek for every person that has asked me if I'm a j-dub, I'd have a billion kopeks... I'm not even exaggerating) But we said that we were representatives of of our church and he just looks at me shaking his head then raises his hand up and I swear he was going to slap me across the face, so I kinda like dogded a bit...little did I know he wanted to BLESS me...haha...get that evil mormonism out of my head...man...awesome people here.  I just talked to a sweet australian man...he actually listened to us too...too bad he's leaving in two days. 
Sounds like you all are getting ready for summer...have you been up to the cabin yet?  Have you found Obama's key yet?  I'm sorry to hear about Johnny-cakes...that's the worst...But i did laugh so hard when you said it was Obama's fault...i thought you were talking about my white obama in the garage...haha...I think of him before our President... I was thinking, what did he drive the scooter to school or something and left his computer on the seat?  that's not berry smart j...haha.. i was befuddled. 
Welp...we're off to the reinok to buy some delicious homemade smetana.  Basically like the thickest sour (but actually kinda sweet) cream you can imagine and you spread it on the softest bread that exists...and top it off with jam from the babushkas ...and then your stomach is happy and full!  hahah...until next week...love you all...hope ya'll have so sweet plans for summer...but pretty sure my plans are bettterrrrrrr.... :) 
Love Cectpa KJones
 
P.S.  please pass the masla ... hehe...that means butter...someone said that to me and I just laughed to myself for like 5 minutes... pozhaloostah peredaeete masla....hahah...oh family dear i love you!
peace out stay strong...

No comments:

Post a Comment