Tuesday, June 29, 2010

55th email: June 27th, 2010

Man!  Johnny cakes is growing up and I haven't even seen him.  UGH!  Miss you j-fus.  I remember trek.  I'll always remember the spirit of Martin Cove.  The veil is this there.  Good to hear that J is taking his place as a leader...where that boy belongs!  haha.  This is week is better.  People are still being way lame, but I tell you what... It was mos def MY fault for having a not so hot week.  When people argued with me, I'd fire back with argueing.  When people would bible bash with me, I'd fire back with the same.  You can't fight fire with fire...but I was trying to prove that wrong and just fight with BIGGER fire.  We were on our way to a lesson this week and this lady comes up to us and was like, "So you're Mormons, right?"  Ooo she had a fire in her eyes :)  I was like...yes...she started up the conversation pressing on the the usual sore spots...women and the priesthood, american religion, plural marriage, Jospeh Smith... and so it began.  I got the strongest feeling to just calm down and not argue.  I ignored it and got fired up a bit, but then I felt that prompting again.  I literally took and deep breath and just taught her.  I just shared our message about the basics of the gospel coupled with my testimony...and she listened.  The spirit was there.  And she argreed to meet with us tomorrow to learn more about the gospel.  Man.  I'm glad that I was able to feel the spirit through my thick layer of pride.  I've learned my lesson.  When I bash with people, I drop the the help of the Lord, and am left to my own merits which will NEVER be enough.  So...we live and we learn, we crash and we burn... :)  AND I found out why there were/are so many people harassing me... just so happens to be a massive Jehovah's Witnesses convention in Zaporozhia for these two weeks...haha... funny.  :) 
Cectpa Antonyouk is leaving early.  The mission is harder on her than she thought.  I know that she would serve harder if her conditions would permit, but what she's got is enough for the Lord.  And those who have a desire are called to the work...we repeat that every morning.  (D&C 4) I'm blessed to work with someone with such a huge desire.  But so yeah...ANOTHER mini missionary...haha.  man...  I'm used to it now.  I have no idea who it will be, but she'll be with me after I get back from Bulgaria.  Did i ever mention that I'm going to Bulgaria in a week?  Haha...it's me and 5 elders from my MTC group...interesting :)  But yeah, we're there for a couple days and then back to work.  I'm excited!  We'll have time to hang out in the city for a couple days which will be funny :)  I got my AIDS test this week and we are anxiously waiting for the results until tomorrow...dun dun dun...hahah... man... ukraine...aids test...that is an adventure.  There is a new missionary that should be coming in next transfer...so we should be back to normal and have a full time missionary with me by the end of July...but whoooo knows.  maybe i'll stay in Zap till the end?!  Doubt it, but that'd be great.
SEND ME pics of Roy Boy!  I saw him 2 months ago and thats a lifetime for little guys his age...Don't want his hair going gray on me :)  I love you guys...thanks for your support when i need it...and just always i guess..it was great to open my mailbox and see support letters from everyone :)  I should write about hard stuff more often :)  hehe...don't worry about me... i'm having the time of my life! 

Love Cectpa Jones

ps. Happy fourth of july!!!!!!!!! Are you guys going to Richfield?  Did you know 4th of July is my favorite holiday???  We're having a good ole American BBQ and playing some water balloon volleyball with the branch... And we're making home-made fireworks and bottle rockets to celebrate...just kidding...i wish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment