Wednesday, June 16, 2010

52nd email: June 7th, 2010

Mom.  I love you so much much and I miss you.  Probably cause it's Summer and we have so much fun in the summer.  I love it when you didn't have school and we would both get up at like 11 and I'd come upstairs and plop on your bed and we'd watch some stupid show or episodes of some stupid Law and Order.  Haha... I'm so proud of you for riding your lil bum off!  Good jobbies!  Keep it up and we'll go the whole 100 miles when I get home.  Transfers are this week...on Thursday...so I'll be getting either my lil greeny cakes, or someone else.  We're cut back to 8 sisters in the mission and had to shut down Poltava (just for sisters) which is sad...but what do you do.  More sisters just to get on missions.  haha.  I'd be fine with staying in Zap for the rest of the mission...oh that'd make me so happy...but we'll see.  I've got 4 more glorious transfers!  Oh.  So basically I don't know anything about anything about anything about you guys coming over and rules and what I want to do and whatever.  I got all stressed when I read you list of things that you want me to do, so I just skipped it and decided to print it and read it later.  haha...sorry.  but i did read the part about the travel office...i'd actually be more than fine not going home with you guys...i'd prefer it actually...ya know...have my missionary coming homing experience...so yeah...but call the travel office cause I heard they're buying our tickets soon.  I didn't know we were leaving so early monday, but that's ok.  We'll save on hotels by living on trains :)  Trains are fun... You feel like Harry Potter!  so Yeah...basically I'll get back to you with the rules and stuff, but just ask Lizzie and do what she says.  She'll know what's best better than me!  This week was RIDICULOUSLY fun and full of hilarious adventures and successes...first...we had a baptism...ok so maybe it wasn't into our church...and maybe it wasn't "our" baptism...but.. nevertheless!  We met these sweet "missionaries" from canada and america...they're called the "Menonites" and are a break off of the Baptist church, with Martin Luther's teaching, and they also say they started their church 7 months ago... so ...haha...but I like them.  We met Oren and he invited us to his baptism...and so we went... hahaha.. so interesting and just...haha.. they're super nice people that follow God and love the Bible...they have really chill doctrine and don't believe in denominations.  Baptism is a way to bring the community together and show yourself and your community your commitment to God.  We weren't allowed to proselyte, but we shared basic beliefs when they asked.  I think it was an effective activity..haha..and we broke our fast with their BBQ :)  I'll show you pics...so our daily thunderstorms have stopped and the hot sunshine is here!  It was 35 the other day...I think that's around 100 or something...i love it!  My grayish Ukrainian skin tone is slowly getting back to how it should be.  Oh i love summer..,. energizes me :)  Alyona is still great...we revived 2 old investigators this week and started teaching them again...we having 3 brand new investigators..and FINALLY our constant support and lessons and skits and science fair projects about the effectiveness of Visting Teaching is taking root!  The first counselor got up at the end our our fabulous lesson that sister webb gave (we translated for her) and instead of her usual, "Ok sisters, if you want to become a VT, just tell me"... she said, " I think we realize the importance of our calling as VT's.  It's our responsibilty and a commandment from God.  Let's all take this upon ourselves!"  something like that... they're in the process of putting together callings...i was so happy i could kiss her!  I think I did.  haha...  hard work pays off...i know it. 
So cool you guys are reading the Book of Mormon in June.  i'll do it with you MOS DEF... I'll do my best to finish...if you really do save me some cinnamon rolls.  holla.. 
love you guys so muchos... much love... and grechka
love cectpa kjones
  p.s. try to find buckwheat there... if they don't have it I'm trucking it home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment