Wednesday, June 16, 2010

53rd email: June 14th

so transfers were a huge slap in the face!  haha... but what do you do?  So as of the day before transfers, I was all hyped up and ready to train an American Sister Smith.  I was about to follow in the footsteps on Uncle Steve and Blaine Smith and become "Agents Smith and Jones"!  But yeah...the day before transfers, they called and said that Sister Smith wasn't coming into country.  Everything apparently went fine with the surgery and she went back to the MTC, but the day before, she got sick again or something...i don't really know.  The new elders here raved about her and said she was was sweet and hard working.. so i was bummed.  So yeah, President called me Wednesday and told me all this and so, another mini-missionary for me.  Yipee.  haha.  No it's fine.  But so President said that I would be going from extreme to extreme... from a Cectpa that served a full, strong mission and knows a ton about the gospel and missionary work, to the opposite.  My new companion's name in Kristina.  She's from Dnepr and was baptised about a year ago and is handicapped.  She has been dying to serve a mission, and President Nielsen has just told her over and over that it's not realistic and it'd be too difficult.  She went on the splits with the Sisters in Dnepr a ton and still bugged President about it.  She got her Patriarchal blessing on tuesday (our Patriarch comes every other year and gives 9 blessing a day... talk about draining) and it said that she would get the chance to serve.  Literally right after that, the APs asked her to fill Cectpa Smith's spot in Zap.  She was so so sooooooo excited and just bouncing off the walls!  She says that if you want something bad enough, and if you pray hard enough, the Lord will bless you.  So... Cectpa Antanook.  My companion for the transfer.  We are literally starting from square one not only in missionary work, but in the gospel.  She's a little slow in learning everything and taking it all in, but who wouldn't be if you have only been a member a year!  She tries hard.  President said that I'm going to have to slow down my pace a lot and try to schedule as many lessons as I can in the branch and at the Webbs.  She can't walk very well, so contacting and tracting is kinda a no go, but there really are more effective ways to find people.  We're buying chalk today and are going to draw the Plan of Salvation in the square across the street from us...I'm siked :)  and President said it was okay ...yahoo :)  so yeah, whole different load, but I'm confident that the Lord shapes the back for the burden He places on it.  President said that this will be one of the most growing and learning transfers on the mission and really in life... ugh... haha.... no worries no worries.  
So yeah...that's transfers... haha.. at least I know I'm in Zap for two more!  It's so blasted hot here... omigosh mom you'd hate it.  Yesterday it said 44 degrees C...all i know is that when i had a fever of 39.7, that was 103.9 or something.  yeah.  do the math.  we're cooking.  At least my naasty ukrainian grey skin tone is going away and the sweet missionary tan line is coming in...hahah..it's so funny.  Wish I had more time, but got to go... life is great and i'm pumped to see what this transfer brings!  and I'm so pround of Roy for sucking his thumb...atta boy :)  stay strong...love you...dont send me any more flight plans...haha

love cectpa jones

ps.  Shout out to Tiff!  thanks girl...i get your letters and I love you!  thanks sissay :)

pspsps.  Andrea...a fanny pack??  do you KNOW what that means in New Zealand??? ewww... say bum pack...haha...i laughed so hard when I read that. 

and ps.  matt jones.. haha, i don't know if you read this, but thanks for you letter :) Remember how you taught me, "Espero que tengas una bueno noche?"  So thats now the only spanish I can spit out without confusing if with Russian words... totally impressed a Latino the other day!

pspsp... Thanks Aunt Joanie for the Birthday Card like always... i don't know how you always remember!  love you!  

ps.  I'm in Mosiah in the book of mormon,... in russian... holla...k i cheated and started last month,, but still impressive.  
 
p.s. love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment