Wednesday, June 16, 2010

48th email: May 10th, 2010

dorogiya semya moya!
 
so...weird...i just barely talked to you all and said basically everything...but here we go...we'll see what comes out of my little typing fingers... 
first of all ... good to see you all!  weird that you were all just sitting there on a saturday morning...just on the other side of the world hanging out...i still am in awe by telephone and skype and everything.  I just don't understand how a little microchip, or whatever it is, can just capture my voice and send it to YOU.  Weird.  But cool.  Yeah Roy's the best.  keep sending my videos and pictures of him if you can :)  I can't imagine him getting any bigger! 
The activity went really well on Saturday.  We really focused on the Personal Progress program so that the mom's knew what it was all about and could help their girls with it.  Great night.  Alyona and I played "Collide" together, which is her favorite song I've taught her...she's only been playing for about 4 months, and is already just about as good as I am!  But stress, so elder wilcox came and fixed her broken string while I was talking to you guys, and then later right after we finished practicing, her guitar fell and the string broke again.  she was upset, but played it cool and was just like, "Meh...we'll figure something out!"  I just gave her my guitar, and I played on hers just altering the chords a little bit so it didn't sound weird...everything was fine.  I love that girl.  She's a billion times more active than any other young women... and I'm pretty sure that Johnny's going to marry her...he better learn russian on the mission ;)  It was great to meet her mom...she's great and reallly liked the activity...step by step with them...step by step...
This was a really fun week and I forgot to tell you everything!  first we went to this sweet football game...no soccer game sorry... but it was zaporozhia's team against shocktor, their the best team in Ukraine right now...SO fun and intense and it just felt like being home at the Real games....oh i loved it.  Alyona found out that I really wanted to go, and got us tickets right before my birthday...SO fun.  Then we went with another investigator to a Horse Theater...it was hilarious...It was like old time ukranian comedy/horse tricks out in the countryside of Zap.  A - it was sooo pretty... and B - it was sooo funny  and last - it was really entertaining....they'd like ride upside-down on horses and do tricks with whips and stuff.  They callled elder Webb up to be an assistant and they whipped these branches out of his hands...then tried to get him to drink some kind of interesting unknown drink...hahah...i have not laughed so hard in such a long time! 
Today was had a branch picnic and played soccer and football and frisbee and the guitar...ooo so fun... i love getting to together and playing sports...we have this hilarious investigator George...he's like 50, but is just a kid inside...i was running for the football and he sprints over to try to get it from me and slips on the grass and eats it right in front of me...i look down and looking up at me is george's smiling face just laughing his guts out...it was soooo funny... i'll have you know that I got the ball...hahah...I also learned that Ukranians believe that caterpillars are dangerous today...i found a cute little guy on my shirt and they all told me, "quick, throw him off!"  hehe...
We have this new investigator, Olya, and she got our number from somebody that had one of our english invites...she called me last sunday during church and asked me when church was and that she wanted to come...I was like...ok!  right now!  welll,, she couldn't come "right then" but she came to english and to church on sunday and we met with her and did a short first lesson and she agreed to continue meeting with us and come to church!  So cool how she just showed up...and then....weird...but she had to leave after the first hour, but 5 minutes after she left, this guy was kinda looking into our sunday school class...so i go out to see what his deal is and he was like, yeah i just heard about this church and thought Id stop by.  Turns out that he lives with Olya...i don't know if they're like together or whatever...but weird...it was seriously like within 5 minutes of eachother...ha!  The Lords work is all exciting and mysterious... i like it :) 
I love you all suppper duppper much and i miss you in a healthy way....haha...don't worry about me...i'll be working my very hardest for my last LONG bit...lova you!!!!!
 
love cectpa jones
 
ps.  meg....... C dhyom pyatova maiya tebya!  happy cinco de MAO!!  however you spell may...hahah
 
pspsps. - my boss's name was Dave ...something... Call?  i can't remember...hehe...soweee

No comments:

Post a Comment